From honing the effectiveness of your current communications efforts, harnessing all the latest social media tools, working with the best influencers for your goals, and rebranding and launching major new initiatives, KB Concepts can help successfully tell your story, expand your audiences and inspire others to support you. These case studies illustrate how organizations we've helped reach new levels of success with thoughtful, targeted marketing and communications strategies.
Japan-United States Friendship Commission
Since late 2016, KB Concepts has worked with JUSFC to raise the visibility of this independent federal agency and the role it plays in strengthening Japan-US relations and increasing the quality and volume of applicants to its institutional and creative arts grants.
We’ve accomplished this through establishing new social media accounts, posting regularly and engaging with JUSFC’s audiences in their field, as well as the institutions and creative artist grantees. We also helped update the website, post regular blog post interviews with grantees about the fantastic work they are doing here and in Japan, and provide a monthly report with their social media and website analytics.
- Grew JUSFC’s social media audience by more than 100% on Facebook; more than 40% on Twitter and more than 60% on Instagram.
- Increased traffic to the JUSFC website by more than 1100% in the first three months, with steady growth continuously since then, much of it from social media and blog post interviews.
BbG Outdoor Fitness/Total Wellness Challenge
BbG offers outdoor fitness classes in Arlington and McLean, VA and the Total Wellness Challenge online throughout the region and beyond. In addition to being an early supporter and client, KB Concepts has provided communications and P.R. services to BbG since the company’s founding 18 years ago.
Working with owner Ginny Wright, KB Concepts helped grow the company from one group class and a handful of personal training clients to an award-winning and regionally recognized fitness and health leader, offering more than 20 weekly classes and regular nutrition and wellness challenges to almost 200 clients. BbG was voted Best Bootcamp — among many other awards — in two recent Arlington Magazine Best of Arlington annual polls.
BbG was also featured in multiple live segments during the Great Day Washington morning show about the joys and benefits of year-round outdoor fitness, and on Good Morning Washington as well. Nominated by KB Concepts, BbG was honored with an Arlington Chamber of Commerce Best Business Award.
In addition to helping Arlingtonians stay fit and strong, BbG actively supports many good causes in the community, including holding regular food drives, and volunteering time and nutritional advice for the Arlington Food Assistance Center. Since KB Concepts helped BbG mark its 10th anniversary with the first Obstacle Course 5K to benefit AFAC, this has now become a popular annual event for BbG clients and their families. To date, BbG Fitness has raised more than $70,000 for AFAC.
Arlington Outdoor Lab
After many years of lackluster fundraising and public outreach, KB Concepts was hired to help kick off the nonprofit Outdoor Lab’s 50th anniversary year. Our ambitious goals were to plan and host a gala event for 150 attendees; raise awareness, especially among new audiences, of the Outdoor Lab’s role and benefits to the community through its dedicated science and nature programming for Arlington Public Schools students and their families; net $50,000 for capital improvements through sponsorships of the event; and expand the Outdoor Lab’s social media activity to reach new audiences through creative content and engagement.
- 185+ people attended the 50th-anniversary event, themed “50 Years & Counting: Dancing Through the Decades,” including numerous County leaders and VIPs.
- Net proceeds were $100,000 after expenses, thanks to more than two dozen company and community sponsors, including a $50,000 underwriting sponsor.
- The event and 50th anniversary were prominently featured in major area media including the Washington Post, Arlington Sun Gazette and Arl NOW, as well as in the Arlington Chamber of Commerce and Arlington Public Schools newsletters.
- The Outdoor Lab’s social media presence grew significantly, up 14% on Facebook, 39% on Instagram and 150% on Twitter, now reaching a variety of new audiences - and future donors.
KB Concepts helped us kick off our 50th anniversary with a bang. Karen Bate guided us to think big. We met and far exceeded our $50,000 fundraising goal, raised much-needed awareness of the Outdoor Lab with new audiences, expanded our social media reach, attracted hundreds of new subscribers to our email list, and formed new partnerships with dozens of sponsors and other supporters. Most important, we now have the tools and resources to continue meeting the needs of the growing population of Arlington Public Schools students who get to experience the wonder and joys of nature at the Outdoor Lab.Mike Nardolilli, President, Arlington Outdoor Lab